Makes 4 servings, 1 serving: (270 kcal, 15 g protein, 11 g fat, 8 g carbs)
500 g carrots
1 medium-sized onion
1 bunch of basil
3 tablespoons of some oil
2 tablespoons vegetable broth (instant)
4 chicken fillets (ca. 125 g)
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 tablespoons crème fraîche (or sour cream)
ca. 2 tablespoons balsamic creme (from bottle)
1. Clean and peel carrots and cut them in cubes (leave one carrot). Peel onion and cube. Wash basil, shake dry and cut the leaves in thin stripes (leave some for decoration).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a big pot. Add onion and carrot cubes and stir while simmering. Add 1 l of water and let it boil. Add the broth and the basil stripes. Let everything simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
3. Brush the skewers with oil. Wash the chicken, dab dry and cut into cubes. Put the chicken on the skewers. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken from all sides for 6-8 minutes. Drizzle with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut the last carrot into very fine cubes. Puree the soup. Add crème fraîche. Bring the soup to boil and cook the small carrot cubes for 3-4 minutes.
5. Season the soup with salt and cayenne pepper and serve. Drizzle some drops of balsamic creme over the soup and garnish with the rest of the basil. Serve the skewers on the side.
All of the content and media on Lifesum is created and published for information purposes only. It is not intended to be used as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Users should always consult with a doctor or other health care professional for medical advice.