- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 160 g (2 dl or 3/4 cup) granulated sweetener, or 2-3 tbsp stevia
- 2 cups (5 dl) flour of your choice, suggestion: almond or coconut flour
- 250 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dl quark
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or canola oilFrosting
- 200g cream cheese
- 1,5 dl quark/ricotta cheese
- stevia or other sweetener to taste (I used approximately 1 tbsp)
- vanilla powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Beat eggs and sweetener with a mixer on high speed for about 5-6 minutes or until mixture has thickened and turned a very pale yellow.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the egg-mixture.
- Mix quark and water together and add to the rest of the batter.
- Grease a 10″ (26 cm) spring form with removable bottom with oil. Distribute the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 min. Let the cake cool for 30 min.
- Add cream cheese, quark/ricotta cheese, sweetener and vanilla powder in a bowl and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Using a spatula spread the frosting to cover top and sides of the cake.