- Steam or roast winter squash
- Rinse quinoa under cold water, bring 1 cup water to a boil and cook quinoa for 12-15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Pulse pecans, kale + dried hot pepper in food processor, add cooked squash and pulse a few times until squash begins to combine with kale + pecans.
- Add Quinoa, flour + salt, process for about 30 seconds until a mixture begins to form, careful not to over mix. Allow mixture to slightly cool, enough to comfortably handle. (If making in advance mixture can be refrigerated at this point until ready to use) (Alternately by hand, mash the winter squash, finely chop the pecans + pepper and shred the kale)
- 1/2 cup at a time, form mixture into patties/discs, a 1/4 cup for appetizer size bites.
- Pan fry in a pan lightly coated with coconut oil and fry each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes over medium low heat (do not over crowd your pan) continue until all the mixture is formed and fried. Keep rissoles warm in a 125 C oven until ready to serve. Optional- serve with a maple aioli or cranberry chutney over a bed of herbs + Fall greens.
To make the aioli: Combine maple syrup + vegan mayo and stir until well mixed
Makes 10 (1/2 cup) Rissoles, 1 serving without mayo: (107 kcal, 3g protein, 4g fat, 16g carbs)
Recipe and images: http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com/