1. Bad breath?
Did you just realize that you forgot breath mints? To get rid of bad breath, press a slice of cucumber to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath. The phytochemicals will kill the bacteria that are responsible for causing bad breath.
2. Plain water may get a bit boring. If you have a hard time drinking enough water munch on cucumbers! They are made up of 95% water!
3. Vitamin C. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
4. Blood pressure. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
5. High cholesterol. A compound called sterols in cucumber may help reduce bad cholesterol.
6. Prevent sun damage. Cucumber is also the perfect treatment for skin that has received too much exposure to the sun as sunburn. Just cut refrigerated cucumber slices and apply directly to the skin!
Want to add more cucumbers into your diet?
Check out this delicious Sesame-Miso Cucumber Salad
Be a healthier you!Sign up for Lifesum