Thank you for using our products and services (the “Service/s”). By becoming a member or using our Services you accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Therefore, it is important that you carefully read through these Terms. If you do not consent to these Terms, you should not register with Lifesum.
Lifesum is a service developed and provided by ShapeUp Club AB. The service is available online at, among other places, lifesum.com, in the iPhone App Store as "Lifesum", in the Google Play Store as "Lifesum" and in the Amazon App Store as "Lifesum". The purpose of Lifesum is to help our users to record what they eat, how they exercise, and to track their health, weight and fitness progress.
Using our Services
To use our Services you must follow some simple rules. The Service is only available for your private use and is not intended for commercial use. Do not misuse the Services, so that either Lifesum or anyone else is harmed in any way. You may only use the Services as permitted by law and these Terms. By using our Services, you agree that:
- All of the personal data provided by you is accurate and up to date.
- You are solely responsible for all activities on your account and all the content that is uploaded and/or created under your Lifesum account (“User Material”).
- Lifesum does not monitor the contents of the Service, but may at any time choose, at its sole discretion, to remove User Material from the Service and/or your user account and to terminate your account and membership.
- Your membership, including your email and password, with Lifesum is personal and may not be transferred or used by someone else. You are responsible for storing your login details in a safe manner. Lifesum is not in any way responsible for any loss or damage caused by unauthorized access to your account or use of your login details. If you learn of or suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately inform Lifesum’s Customer Service. Contact details are available at the bottom of this document.
- Lifesum is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. To use Lifesum, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Violation of any of these Terms will lead to a direct termination of your user account and subscription. If you violate these terms, you will not get a refund.
- You may not engage in any commercial activities, advertise and/or provide hints (such as links) on where commercial activities are present through our Services.
- You may not contribute with any propaganda, religious and/or political views, or contribute with information which in any way contains or involves incitement to racial hatred, child pornography or pornography through the use of our Services. Further, you may not defame, harass or offend other people through the use of our Services.
- If you have any criticism or feedback regarding Lifesum or our Services, to firstly contact Lifesum to help us to improve our Services.
- You may not transmit, and/or distribute files that may damage Lifesum or others’ computers or property (such as viruses and trojan horses).
- You may not share others’ personal information, without their approval.
- Lifesum reserves the right to contact you using email, smartphone app notifications or other media that is related to your account with Lifesum.
You can at any time choose to cancel/end your account at your convenience. Please note that uninstalling the mobile application or closing your account will not automatically stop your subscription — you must actively cancel the subscription. Please note that if you have subscribed to Lifesum through the use of App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon App Store or any other such service provider, you can only cancel your subscription through the use of their services. To find out how to cancel the subscription and/or your account, please follow the instructions in the app or on the website. Special terms and conditions apply to Lifesum Gold.
Health and nutritional information
You are responsible for your own health. Lifesum is not a medical organization and we will not provide you with any medical advice or diagnosis. The purpose of the Services is solely to help our users to record what they eat, how they exercise and to track their health, weight and fitness progress. Information made available through the Services and by our partners and affiliates shall solely be used for recreational and educational purposes. Always consult with your doctor before starting a diet or fitness program or if you experience any pain or discomfort. Lifesum cannot guarantee any health, weight and/or fitness results or improvements. Our Services are only intended for healthy adults, and please do not use our Services if you suffer from, or might suffer from, any medical condition that may be impaired by diet or exercise. Nutritional information found in our database has not been verified, investigated or reviewed by Lifesum. Lifesum cannot guarantee that the nutritional information provided in our database is accurate, reliant or complete. Lifesum is not responsible for any personal injury or any other damages that may have been the result, direct or indirect, of any use or misuse of the Services.
This section only applies when you purchase and/or subscribe to Lifesum Gold or other paid products. By paying the subscription fee you get access to Lifesum Gold during the time your subscription is valid, subject to these Terms.
All subscriptions with Lifesum Gold are paid in advance.
You may at any time terminate your membership, in which case your membership will still be valid for the subscription time you have already paid for. If you have subscribed to Lifesum through the use of App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon App Store or any other such service provider, using in-app purchase, you can only cancel your subscription through the use of their services. Subscription fees can be found on Lifesum’s website (www.lifesum.com) and in the mobile application. Lifesum accepts a variety of different methods of payment, such as PayPal, Apple iTunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store and credit card payment. Special terms and conditions may apply. Lifesum reserves the right to change the subscription fees from time to time.
You hereby consent to start using the Services immediately upon subscribing with Lifesum Gold or other paid products. This means that you will only have 14 days to withdraw from the contract with Lifesum from the date you receive confirmation of your subscription via email if you do not start using the Services during that period. To use your right of withdrawal you must send an email to Lifesum (you will find our contact details at the bottom of this document). Any prepaid fees will be refunded within 30 days. All payments handled by Apple, such as in-app purchases, can only be refunded by Apple and with Apple’s consent. If you would like to contact Apple, please click here. Default in payment shall not be deemed as a termination of a Lifesum Gold subscription.
All rights in and to the Services, including any trademarks, service marks, trade names and copyrighted content (collectively “Intellectual Property”) presented within the Service are the property of Lifesum and/or third parties. You agree not to use Intellectual Property for any other purposes except for your use of the Service, unless required otherwise by applicable mandatory law.
By submitting User Material to Lifesum, you warrant and represent that you hold the copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights to your content. You agree to grant Lifesum a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use User Material to the extent necessary for Lifesum to operate and maintain the Service. This license shall remain valid until the respective User Material is deleted from the Service by you or by Lifesum in accordance with these Terms.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
You use the Service at your own risk. The Service is provided “AS IS”, without any warranties, and Lifesum does not warrant that the Service and availability thereof will be uninterrupted or error free. Lifesum does not assume any responsibility for errors or omissions in the information or software or other documents, including User Material, which are referenced by or linked to. References or links to third parties' websites are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
In no event shall Lifesum be liable for any indirect or consequential damages, except in cases of intentional misconduct or gross negligence. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Lifesum’s aggregated liability for any direct damages shall be limited to the lesser of: (i) membership fees paid by the user; (ii) membership fees paid by the user during the previous calendar year; or (iii) 5 000 SEK.
For the sake of clarity, Lifesum, doesn’t undertake the obligation to monitor the contents of User Material.
You are not entitled to assign your rights and/or obligations under these Terms or use of the Service to any third party without Lifesum’s prior written consent. Lifesum is entitled to assign its rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
Lifesum reserves the right to refuse the Service to anyone for any reason at any time. Lifesum may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on Lifesum’s website (www.lifesum.com). Any and all material changes shall become into effect between you and Lifesum upon your acceptance of such changes (e.g. by using the Services after such notification has been made to you or renewing your subscription).
Governing law and dispute resolution
These Terms and the use of the Services are governed by the laws of Sweden, except for its conflicts of laws principles. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Service shall be resolved by the public Swedish courts, whereby the District Court of Stockholm shall be the court of first instance.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identity users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- we're using cookie for session handling, monitoring of performance and localization.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyse how the Lifesum Service is accessed, used or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Lifesum app.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835).
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
For further information, inquiries or assistance you may contact Lifesum. Customer Service is available in ways specified on the website or in the apps. The channels for support might differ from time-to-time.